Clickety clack around the track.
This is a wonderful item and the perfect gift for any occasion.
Made from fully machined New Zealand Pine and Bamboo, both of which are from certifiably sustainable sources.
The assembled size is approximately: 250mm wide x 170mm high x 250mm deep
This is a fascinating, ingenious, moving model. It is an art form in which you can appreciate the magic of mechanical action and a hobby and educational item which helps to enhance the development of senses, problem-solving skills, enhance creativity, hand-eye coordination and improve concentration along with many other benefits.
In these safety conscious electronic times, most of the mechanisms we depend on are well hidden, so we never get to see how things work. By assembling the wooden cams, push rods, levers and cranks of this kit you begin to understand some of the building blocks of our mechanical world.
Timberkits are particularly suitable for supporting the kinetics module in the Design Technology GCSE curriculum and also the Toy Design module in Key Stage 2 (for UK customers)
Timberkits explore the science of movement with self-assembly kits that simply peg and glue together, then turn the handle and make it move.
🎨 Feel free to paint or decorate it however you like. (supplied unpainted) I have acrylic paints available Here. 🎨
This kit is classed as ⚙ a Beginner skill level.
Comprehensive easy to follow, instructions and everything you need to build this model is included.
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ CHOKING HAZARD-Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Recommended for ages 9+ but younger children can be involved with adult help.
Discover the power of Automata with Timberkits mechanical model kits.
Genuine UK Seller (Somerset), FREE UK Standard Delivery,
30 Day Returns, Excellent Feedback,
All Products are in Stock and Ready for Quick Dispatch.
Great Products, Great Service, GREight Stuff
Chuffy Train Natural Wood Moving Model Kit
- Check all parts in the tray very carefully. Read the instructions and look at all the diagrams. Get a clear idea of how the parts fit together before you start.
- Do not glue anything until you are sure you understand how things are assembled. Remember once something is glued together you cannot go back.
- Some parts need sanding for a comfortable fit. Put parts together without glue to ensure they fit.
- Use the wax candle provided to wax all surfaces that are in contact as they move. Apply by rubbing on the wood then buff up to a high polish using the sandpaper provided. This will prevent squeaks and allow freer movement of the model.
- Do not put wax on a surface that is going to be glued as the glue will not stick to a waxed surface.
- You need to think about painting before you glue everything together.
- It is easier to paint some parts before glueing but you must be careful not to paint surfaces that will have to be glued as the paint will effect the glue's strength.
- You don't have to paint everything. Emphasising some parts with colour can be as effective as painting the whole thing.
- If you find it necessary to colour any parts that move against one another then use felt tip pens and not paints. The slightest amount of paint around joints can prevent the model from working.
- We suggest the use of acrylic paints.